Airfix 1/72 Vampire T.11 - Finished!

 Over the weekend I managed to get my little Vampire finished...

What a fun little kit this was to build - it went together really well and I am amazed at how well the decals performed. 

I did forget to fit the booms to the lower wing halves before I assembled the wings, which lead to a few issues further down the line - even thought I managed to get them fitted, I had to do it without first attaching the main gear legs. To fit them, I then had to trim a bit out of the gear bay wall, which in which in turn led to one of the legs being slightly out of alignment on the finished model.

That's my story anyway! 

I also had a couple of decals move at some point (like the nose 32), probably during the final clear coating, which I hadn't noticed until it had dried - annoying but what can you do. There were also a few crinkles in the leading edges of the orange decals, which I had to touch in.

The model was brush painted as ever with Revell's 'Aqua Color' metallic paints - probably the best for brush painting metals I've found. I also used various Humbrol and Hataka acrylics. 



It's another one I'm happy to have on the shelf! 

Cheers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Build - PM Model 1/72 Spitfire mk.Vb Floatplane (With a Twist)

Airfix 1/72 H.P. Jetstream - Completed build.

Completed Build - Airfix 1/72 Gloster Javelin F.A.W.9R