Other Work In Progress...

These are the other two kits I have in WIP - both started in 2021 and being worked on as I can fit them in. Neither are on the 'Shelf of Doom' as I don't have one - If I loose interest in a kit I generally bin it as a S.O.D is a serious mojo killer, they're just slow burn builds. 

They're both glossed awaiting decals, I just need to build up the load outs first - as there's nothing worse for the mojo (asides from a S.O.D.) than getting a jet all decalled up and finished, to only then have to start building missiles and tanks etc. So I generally do them last, ready to fit after the decals. 

Airfix 1/72 F-15B

This is the new re-released 'A' kit, built as a 'B' as it still includes the parts for the two seater from the original release, even though Airfix took the option out of the starter set??? I do have two more of these in the stash, thanks to a poor delivery of an Airfix mystery box I had for Christmas - which meant they sent me two with the same contents. 



This build is going to represent a photo I have in one of my 80's USAF books, which depicts the first delivery aircraft to arrive at squadron in Europe - so it'll only be fitted with three tanks and no missiles. I do have some nice AM decals for it - I have aftermarket resin and PE mostly, but I love AM decals!

Hobbyboss F-14A

A lovely kit this, that I actually started last August whilst on Holiday in Northumberland, sitting in the little sun room with a wonderful view. 


This is where I am so far, glossed and ready for decals. I've tried to depict the beaten up paintwork a Tomcat gets in service - once it's decalled I'll add an all over grime wash. 


And that pretty much completes the picture of where I am now with my builds as of the 25/08/2022!

I doubt either of these two will get finished soon though, as I'm shortly to move out of my house of 16 years at the end of September - to begin a new life in North Wales a the end of October. So for a short time (6 weeks or so) I'll be living in digs at my Mother-in-Laws. I do intend to get them done once we're settled in though. 

Cheers and be happy all! 

Currently listening to:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Build - PM Model 1/72 Spitfire mk.Vb Floatplane (With a Twist)

Airfix 1/72 H.P. Jetstream - Completed build.

Completed Build - Airfix 1/72 Gloster Javelin F.A.W.9R