When the Fun Stops... Stop.

Just like it says in those gambling adverts - if it stops being fun, stop. 

I have no issues with binning a kit if it's stopped being fun - I really don't see the point of trying to persevere with something that you aren't enjoying, it's just wasting valuable hobby time. Likewise I don't see the point of putting it on the SOD, to hang over you like some giant Albatross - if you weren't into it enough to finish it, there's no way you're going to feel it a year or two down the line. 

If it's stopped being fun, it's served it's purpose - bin it and move on. 

This is just what happened with both the Hurricane and the Clipper. Even though it's nice kit and I was really enjoying it. I made a massive mistake with the wing fit of the Hurricane (I forgot to add the upper wings before adding the wing to the fuselage - not normally a problem but I messed up fitting them in place) and broke the cockpit trying to get it the wings off the fuselage - damn! Also, I just wasn't feeling the Clipper - maybe 1/144 isn't my scale, but I couldn't really get into finishing it...

...anyway, they were both on the receiving end of my inner Calvin.


Don't be ashamed to bin a kit if you don't want to continue - don't waste your time, just get rid of it and get onto the next fun build. 

Cheers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Build - PM Model 1/72 Spitfire mk.Vb Floatplane (With a Twist)

Airfix 1/72 H.P. Jetstream - Completed build.

Completed Build - Airfix 1/72 Gloster Javelin F.A.W.9R