Building from the Stash - Airfix 1/48 Jaguar GR.1

 I've been thinking a lot recently about why I have a stash, as I only ever seem to build kits that I've just bought. It does seem a bit odd to me that I have of these great kits collecting dust in the stash, whilst I build the newest thing on the pile...

So to counter this, I've decided to start building some of my stash - starting with this: 

I've been working on this kit on and off for a month or so, whilst in the midst of packing up my house for our upcoming move to Wales. It goes together pretty well, although a bit of filler is needed where two parts fit together. 







For some reason, I fancied painting this one with Humbrol Enamels, so I picked up a few new ones and made a start on the load out. 


That's pretty much it, I've masked and primed the model and painted a few more bits and bobs - but I'm going to have to leave that now as I packed up my bench last night. We move out of our house of 16 years on the 19th October, and into our new one in Old Colwyn on the 1st of November. Hopefully not long after that I can get the bench back out and get on with some work! 

Cheers till then! 


Update: 2022 - alas this kit was broken in the move and I couldn't continue. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Build - PM Model 1/72 Spitfire mk.Vb Floatplane (With a Twist)

Airfix 1/72 H.P. Jetstream - Completed build.

Completed Build - Airfix 1/72 Gloster Javelin F.A.W.9R