Birthday Haul

 I managed to get a good haul of new kits for my birthday this year...


I'm really happy to get all three of the V-bombers, although I've no idea where the hell I'm going to put them when they're built, but they're the ultimate extension of my renewed interest in British Cold War Aircraft. Thankfully Airfix were doing a really good bundle offer on their website, otherwise I wouldn't have managed to get all three. 

The little Red Arrow (BAE Hawk T.1) is the relatively new tooled Revell kit. My interest in the Red Arrows has grown since I started reading 'The Red Arrows' by David Montenegro, a former Red 1 and Boss of the Reds. I'm not normally a big fan of Revell kits but I wanted the current Red Arrow markings (with the Union Flag on the tail) and the only kit Airfix supplied with these is the starter kit, which looks okay but I'm not happy with the basic level of detail - so we'll see how this one goes. 

I might even get a Folland Gnat T.1 at some point, to add to the Hawk. 

The 1/700 HMS Hood and E-class Destroyer is a direct result of me reading about the Battle of the Denmark Straight, where the Bismarck sank the Hood. Living near the sea has wetted (see what I did there) my appetite for having a go at building ships - so I thought the E-class in this boxing would be a good place to start. If I enjoy it, I might well get a Bismarck and some of the others from the engagement to build up a collection. 

Anyway - that's it for now. All I have to do is build them! 

Cheers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Completed Build - PM Model 1/72 Spitfire mk.Vb Floatplane (With a Twist)

Airfix 1/72 H.P. Jetstream - Completed build.

Completed Build - Airfix 1/72 Gloster Javelin F.A.W.9R